Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Noob, stepping out of the shadows, etc.etc.

Noob, stepping out of the shadows, etc.etc. 3 years 11 months ago #496

• shagey71
  • Thank you received: 3
Morning all-
Migrated here after uncovering the club via google. I looked for an "introductions" page, but a cursory searched revealed nothing. At any rate, figure it best to say hello and let you all know I'm lurking through the pages today! I'm a NW Austin guy with a '95 RRC LWB that is conservatively modified ( GDE winch bumber, winch, lift, OME everything, safari rack, Hellas, mantec snorkel, rock armor underneath, and BFG Mud Terrains). I also am a new owner of an '83 110 HCPU which will be the focus of most of my efforts going forward. Most of my mechanical experience has come on american muscle cars, of which I have restored 3. Rovers were my first love through, and I'm on #4 at the moment, though my first real project is the 110. Other forums and pages around the net will be following my progress on an engine swap and body off refresh here this fall once the summer months have passed and the parts locker has swelled sufficiently. Not that far out of college at this point (I'm 25), I try to keep the spending relatively under control, although that sort of hit the wind with buying the 110... oh well!

Looking forward to meeting you folks, and contributing where I can. I'm known for trading beer for the "knowledge that I seek" or just shooting it around a campfire.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JHernandez

Noob, stepping out of the shadows, etc.etc. 3 years 11 months ago #504

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Welcome to you and your RRC! Hope you can come to an Austin chapter event or SCARR to meet other club members in person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shagey71

Noob, stepping out of the shadows, etc.etc. 3 years 11 months ago #506

• shagey71
  • Thank you received: 3
Thank you! I'll keep an eye out and intend to cruise to any events. I'll probably drive the 110 and let the lady bring the RRC. Scrambling to work out if I can attend SCARR, I only just found out about it yesterday, and then posted to Defender Source regarding, seems like a can't miss opportunity.

Noob, stepping out of the shadows, etc.etc. 3 years 11 months ago #508

• ATXRedRover7
  • Thank you received: 10
Welcome.. Please check the Calendar, Forum, or Facebook page for up coming events. We have a lot going on in the next few months.
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds