Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Year End

Year End 4 years 2 months ago #594

• ChristopherP
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Now that we have concluded probably the best SCARR we have ever put on, the next milestone as the Club’s year draws to a close will be the Leadership nominations at this months AGM’s.

This year has seen membership in the Club reach an all time high with renewals better than last year. Club finances are extremely healthy and with the changes that Kevin made in regard to SCARR sponsors this year allowed us to provide several extra benefits for attendees at the event.

Albeit slowly both Austin and the Woodlands Chapters are slowly gaining traction and it is hoped that this trend continues going forward.

The introduction of a Club Face Book page has generated a lot of interest in the Club and its activities, clearly it is something we need to embrace further.

The Fun Zone, who agreed to adopt Old Camp, are aware that there are funds available for them to add/build improvements to this site for the benefit of all Club members who camp there.

We continue to enjoy an excellent working relationship with the current BMRA Management Team, a fact borne out by a recent email from the President I posted here recently.

Whilst this is all positive news we will be facing obstacles as we enter a new Club year. Laura, who will be standing down as an officer this month, will be sorely missed as our EC, likewise Jordyn, who accepted the thankless task of Membership Secretary this year, and it goes without saying that both of these positions will be extremely hard to fill.

It has been an honor for me to serve as your President these past years, however, I would very naive if I was not aware that there are members out there who believe I have stayed too long and that the Club needs to go in another direction.

Whilst I have been nominated and seconded again this year, I have not accepted so far as to give any Club member who feels they have the experience, time and willingness to take on this responsibility to step up and take over this position.

I will end these remarks with my usual message, simply this is your Club, and you the members decide what is best for this Club, if you have an issue all we asl is that you use your voice.
Christopher Pullen
Ancient member since 2000
2004 Disco

When the signs say the trail is closed, THE TRAIL IS CLOSED.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds