Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mystery of the D1

Mystery of the D1 2 months 1 day ago #3047

• DillJLoc
Been working on getting my 97 D1 up and running after I snagged it for $350. Sat for 3 years in a brickyard.

Got it running good. Didn’t start on very first crank, but would after 2nd or 3rd.

Today I thought I’d run it over to get it inspected and pick up the plates. Here’s where it starts getting weird.

Drove it about 5 miles and it was revving really high, kept smelling a burning smell. Decided to turn around and go home. Got about 3 blocks from home and it would barely get to 10 mph. So I crept home and shut it off. Smoke was coming from near the back of the engine, but didn’t smell like oil or coolant. Maybe trans fluid?

Went inside, came out and tried cranking it over with nothing happening. Checked everything, checked the pump, which is getting power. Nothing.

Finally came back on and got it running really good. Went around town and after a couple of minutes, same issue…barely made it above 10 mph and high revs.

Got home and left it alone.

Went out an hour ago and cranks, has fuel pressure, no spark and no check engine light.

Thoughts? I’ve had it running and starting up regularly for the past 3 months. Not sure what’s going on now?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mystery of the D1 1 month 1 week ago #3065

• Amazon Rover
  • Thank you received: 2
have you asked the previous owner about the issue? I'll state the obvious: To me it may be a fuel pump issue or a transmission issue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds