Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trail Guide Training by Pitts 4X4; March 7th

Trail Guide Training by Pitts 4X4; March 7th 1 week 1 day ago #2563

• mike26
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Joey Pitts with Pitts 4X4 will be putting on a Leadership Course for the training of volunteers who are willing to be trail guides at SCARR2020. We will have a total of 10 available spots for this excellent 4 hour class professionally presented by our very own Joey Pitts, a I4WDTA certified trainer. Come further your training and skills in crucial off-roading skills.

The course will be on Saturday, March 7th, 2020 at 10AM at Joeys property in Paradise, Texas (I will send the address out to those who sign up).

We ask that you be a current paid member of the club, who is willing to volunteer as a guide for at least a few guided trail runs at SCARR 2020 to take advantage of this opportunity.

Please sign up in this thread and post you are planning on attending:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8 )
9)
10)

Please email me with any questions you may have: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Pitts 4x4 Company Trail Leadership Course for Texas Rovers Club

Thank you for allowing Pitts 4x4 Company to instruct your upcoming course in trail leading and basic off-road education. This 4 hour course will offer classroom type instruction followed by hands-on learning. Please bring water, snacks and/or quick lunch items, gloves, closed-toed shoes, sunglasses and/or hat, and sunscreen. If anyone has health concerns or heat sensitivity please bring it to my attention so I can accommodate and prepare. I am certified in First-Aid, AED, and CPR.

Date: March 7, 2020

Time: 10AM-2PM

Private Road 3492
Paradise, TX

Topics:
-Environmental Awareness
-Vehicle Specific Knowledge (Land Rovers!)
-Gear Assessment (Straps, Shackles, Hi-lift, Traction Devices, etc.)
-On-Trail Vehicle Repair (Overheating, Common Trail Breaks, etc.)
-Learning/Reading the Terrain
-Trail Etiquette
-Convoy Driving
-Spotting/Guiding
-Vehicle Recovery
-Q&A

This course will be a relaxed atmosphere with time for questions and/or spending more time on specific topics.

I greatly appreciate the opportunity to educate and train the Trail Leaders of the Texas Rovers Club. I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, March 7, 2020 @ 10AM.

Thank YOU Texas Rovers Club!!

Joey Pitts

Adventure
Consulting
Education

PITTS 4x4 COMPANY
www.pitts4x4co.com
Mike Neal
Club President

2001 Disco II
1972 SIII Lightweight
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by mike26.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds