Trail Guide Training by Pitts 4X4; **March 8th**

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 1 month ago #2563 by mike26
**date change** Pitts 4x4 had a scheduling conflict and has had to change dates for the training to be Sunday March 8th, still at 10am.

Joey Pitts with Pitts 4X4 will be putting on a Leadership Course for the training of volunteers who are willing to be trail guides at SCARR2020. We will have a total of 10 available spots for this excellent 4 hour class professionally presented by our very own Joey Pitts, a I4WDTA certified trainer. Come further your training and skills in crucial off-roading skills.

The course will be on Sunday, March 8th, 2020 at 10AM at Joeys property in Paradise, Texas (Please see Joeys post below for the address and driving directions!!)

We ask that you be a current paid member of the club, who is willing to volunteer as a guide for at least a few guided trail runs at SCARR 2020 to take advantage of this opportunity.

Please sign up in this thread and post you are planning on attending:

1) Joe
2) Darrell
3) Hector
4) Bryan
5) Hendrix
6) Baden
7) David
8 ) Laura
9) Dave
10)

Please email me with any questions you may have: president@texasrovers.org

Pitts 4x4 Company Trail Leadership Course for Texas Rovers Club

Thank you for allowing Pitts 4x4 Company to instruct your upcoming course in trail leading and basic off-road education. This 4 hour course will offer classroom type instruction followed by hands-on learning. Please bring water, snacks and/or quick lunch items, gloves, closed-toed shoes, sunglasses and/or hat, and sunscreen. If anyone has health concerns or heat sensitivity please bring it to my attention so I can accommodate and prepare. I am certified in First-Aid, AED, and CPR.

Date: March 8, 2020

Time: 10AM-2PM

33.116241, -97.937609

From Hwy 114 in Rhome, Texas
goo.gl/maps/cG3tb64UMK1hdCPJ9

From Hwy 380 in Bridgeport, Texas
goo.gl/maps/WSzw9SnX1R6zieRB6

If you have any issues, just give me a ring. 817-739-1919

Topics:
-Environmental Awareness
-Vehicle Specific Knowledge (Land Rovers!)
-Gear Assessment (Straps, Shackles, Hi-lift, Traction Devices, etc.)
-On-Trail Vehicle Repair (Overheating, Common Trail Breaks, etc.)
-Learning/Reading the Terrain
-Trail Etiquette
-Convoy Driving
-Spotting/Guiding
-Vehicle Recovery
-Q&A

This course will be a relaxed atmosphere with time for questions and/or spending more time on specific topics.

I greatly appreciate the opportunity to educate and train the Trail Leaders of the Texas Rovers Club. I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, March 8, 2020 @ 10AM.

Thank YOU Texas Rovers Club!!

Joey Pitts

Adventure
Consulting
Education

PITTS 4x4 COMPANY
www.pitts4x4co.com

Mike Neal

'01 Disco II
Bowler Tomcat
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by mike26.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #2573 by DiSalvatore
I will be there. Thanks Joey for hosting this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DISCO JO, mike26

More
4 years 2 months ago #2583 by mike26
**date change** Pitts 4x4 had a scheduling conflict and has had to change dates for the training to be Sunday March 8th, still at 10am.

Please be sure to sign up here or message/email me to get you signed up for this awesome class!

Mike Neal

'01 Disco II
Bowler Tomcat

More
4 years 2 months ago #2584 by bryno
Better pu Old Blue on the list, Bryan, Hendrix and Baden
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike26

More
4 years 1 month ago #2595 by Dousayrover
Go ahead and add me to the list. I will be there. Thanks Joey for putting this on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DISCO JO, mike26

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #2602 by DISCO JO
Howdy folks,

First off, thank you to TEXAS ROVERS for setting this up, it's a privilege to "work" with the Club and its Members. Here is some information for the attendees you will find helpful. This Trail Leader Course is for Club Members who are interesting in gaining off-road knowledge to better prepare them for guiding and leading Trails at SCARR 2020.

Training Location will be on my private property. This is raw land and is out in the sticks, literally! I am still in the process of cleaning and clearing this property for my future home so excuse the mess! But it's over 8 acres that has plenty of room for us. The physical address will not take you there but I'll include directions and coordinates to find me. Be mindful of your speed once you hit gravel and enjoy the view. It will turn to a dirt road once you hit my property, nothing more nothing less...please follow the flags to get to where we will be meeting. It's worth the drive! B) There will be a Porta-Potty (Thank you TR) at the entrance of the my "driveway" for you to use, as I have no facilities yet.

33.116241, -97.937609

From Hwy 114 in Rhome, Texas
goo.gl/maps/cG3tb64UMK1hdCPJ9

From Hwy 380 in Bridgeport, Texas
goo.gl/maps/WSzw9SnX1R6zieRB6

If you have any issues, just give me a ring. 817-739-1919

See you on Sunday at 10AM!

Joey Pitts
PITTS 4x4 CO.

1995 Range Rover LWB (Abbey)
1997 Discovery I (Red Rover)
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by DISCO JO.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.