2019 Chili Cook Off - Barnwell

More
4 years 6 months ago #2523 by offroadgirl
Join the Club for the annual Chili Cook Off!!

When: Saturday November 30th, 2019. Judging begins at 5:30pm.
Where: Barnwell Recreational Mountain, 6284 TX-155, Gilmer, TX 75644.

What: Come show off your camp cooking skills making your best chili and win bragging rights. Camp Mabey is reserved Friday thru Sunday. Actual cook off takes place Saturday with judging to begin at 5:30pm. Prizes sponsored by North Texas British and awarded to top 3 places.If you are planning on competing, add a reply to get an idea of how many are cooking. Plan to have 3 servings ready for judges at 5:30pm. You can choose to present it however you like. Chili will be judged on overall taste, presentation, the way flavors meld together. Please plan to make enough to share with everyone there. I will bring bowls and spoons but toppings are greatly appreciated!

Hope to see you all there

Candi Evans
SCARR 2020 EC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2524 by donc
Replied by donc on topic 2019 Chili Cook Off - Barnwell
Tea and I will be there with our two little taste testers. She is planning on entering this year as well.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #2525 by Bert Wilhelm
Thank you Candi for hosting the event! I have added this to the forum and FB event calendars.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Bert Wilhelm.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2529 by mike26
Neal family will be there, Sara will be cooking/competing

Mike Neal

'01 Disco II
Bowler Tomcat

More
4 years 5 months ago #2542 by mike26
I hope everyone’s been perfecting their recipes in preparation for the chili cook off! We’ve got some great prizes for 1st-3rd place thanks to North Texas British!

Attachment not found

Mike Neal

'01 Disco II
Bowler Tomcat

More
4 years 4 months ago #2544 by mike26
Plan to have 3 servings ready for judges at 5:30pm. Chili will be judged on 5 criteria: Aroma, Texture, Color, Taste and Aftertaste/Bite. All chili’s being judged must be served to judges in a club provided bowl promptly at 5:30 for judging. Please plan to make enough to share with everyone there as there will also be an unofficial “attendees choice” scoring after judges have judged.

Mike Neal

'01 Disco II
Bowler Tomcat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.