Austin Street Shelter

More
8 years 3 months ago #103 by ChristopherP
Once again this year I will be continuing my personal Christmas tradition of hosting a donation drive for the The Austin Street Shelter, www.austinst.org

As in past years I will pay for your breakfast on the condition that you bring much needed supplies that equal or exceed the cost of your breakfast.

If you can spare two hours to help those less fortunate than us then I look forward to seeing you on Sunday January 31st 2016 at the Café Brazil in Deep Ellum at 9.00 am

We will have breakfast and then convoy the short distance to the Shelter with our donations. Café Brazil is located at 2815 Elm Street, Dallas, 75226-1508.

This years immediate needs are for:

➢ Soap (travel and full size)
➢ HE (high efficiency) Laundry detergent
➢ Women's Blue Jeans (larger sizes preferred)
➢ Blankets
➢ Men's & Women's coats (large sizes)
➢ NEW men's & women's underwear
➢ 60 Gallon Black Trash Bags
➢ Men’s Blue Jeans (larger sizes preferred)
➢ Coffee

These people live on the streets during the day so duffle bags and luggage to hold their belongings are very useful. Obviously other items of warm clothing are always welcome and so are toilet rolls and large containers of hand cleanser.

$5.00 provides two full-day bus passes, allowing Austin Street clients to get to work, doctors appointments, and other social services as needed

$10.00 buys 400 cups of hot coffee for the men and women who seek shelter at Austin Street Center

$15.00 provides a meal, hot shower, and a safe place to sleep for a resident at our shelter

$25.00 improves employment opportunities for a client by providing a semester of GED or literacy classes

$100.00 buys 20 warm blankets for clients seeking safety and comfort at our shelter

$250.00 outfits 100 men and women with a brand new pair of socks and underwear

$500.00 provides a month's stay including food, clothing, and a safe place to sleep at our transitional living facility

Christopher Pullen
Ancient member since 2000
2004 Disco

When the signs say the trail is closed, THE TRAIL IS CLOSED.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #126 by mike26
Replied by mike26 on topic Austin Street Shelter
Will be there

Mike Neal

'01 Disco II
Bowler Tomcat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.